Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

late, early, middle of the night/day

as i type i am currently on my first break during a 7pm to 7am shift on the psychiatric unit. i have no clue what time it is, if I'm supposed to eat, sleep or eat my cashews! none the less i am grateful for my job, the people i work with and the patients i care for. i miss my hubby :( i miss my kids :( and i miss my 2 fur balls that sleep with me :( i suppose i am feeling sorry for myself at 1:35 am and felt the need to share it with the blogging world. tonight was literally 'crazy' on the unit, it is under construction and all the patients have to be in half the unit and bunk with other patients while the construction crew remodels! so there have been physical altercations, death threats, paranoid patients at a heightened state of paranoia, post partum depression mothers missing their babies and crying... you get the picture, i cant wait to go home and hug my munckins and kiss my hubby!

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Oh my gosh, it sounds like life on the homefront at times--just think of the job experience you had before you ever made this a career. Looking forward to more middle of the night posts-sounds like this could become a blog all of its own :-)

jessica&john.com said...

Night-shifts sound no fun. Hopefully you can get some sleep and some r and r with the fam soon. Love ya!