Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Milkshake Pancakes

I know this is a few days late, but this recipe will count as my February recipe AKA already behind on my New Years Resolutions! So last night I decided to use up the nearly squishy bananas and make the kids a milkshake, it went over really well except I made a bucket load. So this morning I thought I could sneak them on the table with brightly colored straws and there would be no waste. However the bananas obviously went a little brown, thus causing sheer panic at the table. So I said fine, I will make pancakes. Lightbulb... use the milkshake as the 'wet' ingredients in the pancakes!

Milkshake
2 ripe bananas
1 cup sliced strawberries
4 Tbsp Flax Seed Oil
2 cups milk
1 cup pre&pro biotic yogurt
Dry Ingredients
2 cups wholewheat flour
4 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
* 4 eggs *
Blend and VOILA , in a obviously separate bowl stir together dry ingredients and then add your eggs. If it is way too runny, add more flour! I don't know how accurate my measurements are because I never measure! It should be really thick and a little lumpy.

Cook, smother with butter and organic maple syrup from my motherland and Yummy! This makes a lot, I slice up the remaining pancakes into "sticks" with a pizza cutter and then freeze them. It makes about 8 emergency frozen breakfasts for when all you feel like doing is nothing.

I also didn't have time to snap a photo because by this time the kids were famished!

1 comments:

Heather said...

That's a really good idea. I'll have to double our milkshake ingredients next time. Where do I get that organic homeland maple syrup though?